ACDC makes it possible for administrators or users to troubleshoot virtual applications and the environment they run in:
- Launch predefined and custom commands within the virtual environment of each application.
- See the impact of the App-V Client and the available virtual applications on your system by calculating package size, cache size, user delta file size, log file size etc.
- Diagnose problems with App-V applications by parsing the App-V Client log file (in real time) and search any message online.
- Configure settings that are not visible in the App-V Client GUI, such as “Predictive Streaming”, “Allow Stream from File”, “Max Package Age” and many more.
- Give an overview of application and package information by merging important WMI, registry and OSD information in one single window.
- ACDC can be run both as an Administrator and as a Limited User. Running as a limited user will limit the functionality of the tool due to the fact that it has less permission on the system.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Application Virtualization Client 4.5 or
- Microsoft Application Virtualization Terminal Services Client 4.5
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP Pro w/SP2, Windows XP w/SP3
- Windows Vista RTM/SP1
- Windows Server 2003 (SP1, SP2, R2, SP2+R2)
- Windows Server 2008
Questions or suggestions can be provided through the website http://www.loginconsultants.com/forum under “SoftGrid Tooling”
ACDC can be downloaded here (registration required).
The next couple of days I will talk in depth about the functionality of ACDC and how it can be used in the day-to-day business. Below are several screenshots from the actual tool:
1. Launching commands within the virtual environment
2. Client installation and settings
3. Detailed cache information
4. Real time log parser